Sunday, July 24, 2011

All We Want for Christmas

So, it was a slow week. Nothing really exciting going on. Our normal trips to the pool, the library, errands and the like. But a funny story, recently Harrison thinks he is entitled to presents and toys constantly. Part of this is the fact that as he grows up, we buy things we don't have because we never needed them. I.E. pool toys, floaty arms, new (and hand me down new to us) cloths, sand toys, books, coloring books, crayons, paint, play-doh and some toys. Well, now he sees something and says "I want that. I need a present." When we tell him no, he responds with "It's very special." I think that comes with me telling him each time that he gets something new that we need to treat it well because it is special.
Well, finally the constant asking and avoiding any toys or foods with common characters on them at the store started driving me crazy! So, we explained to Harrison that we only get presents at certain times of the year. To which he quickly replied "Santa brings me presents!" Yes, he does. So now everything that he wants he thinks Santa is going to bring him. Santa's list is pretty long for this year and it is only July! He does have a birthday in October, so we told him he will get some presents then as well. October and Christmas cannot come soon enough for him this year...

Or for our whole family for that matter because this year for Christmas, we are getting a new baby! We are all pretty excited. My official due date is December 26th, but if this one is anything likes its older brother, we will be lucky to see it before the new year.
I am just shy of 18 weeks today (picture is from today). We waited a long time to really announce this one. As many know, we have had a lot of heartbreak and I am very grateful for my wonderful Dr. and modern medicine. We find out the gender in just over a week.
Harrison has done great so far and really loves this baby already. He is convinced baby sister, but we will see! Either way, he already brings toys for the baby and hugs my stomach and says "I love you baby". Lately he asks me if things that I am doing the baby likes. "The baby likes fruit?" "The baby likes swimming?" It's pretty fun.
He is going to be a great big brother and teach this baby lots of things.
ike how to get dressed to play in the rain...
And how to create some great art...
Now if we just knew where we will be living when this baby comes... Hopefully some news on that front to come soon too!

7 comments:

Cassidy said...

We're so excited for you guys and your new baby on the way!

I recently started recording Lincoln's jobs/routine with stickers on a chart, and he can trade in a week's worth for something decided on ahead of time. It is totally curbing the "want" at the store and I usually only have to ask him if it is something he would like to save his stickers for. Fingers crossed that it lasts!

Trishelle said...

Dionne, words fail! Congratulations! I am so happy for you! My heart is so touched by this news. I remember years ago when you shared with me the news of your pregnancy after so much heartache. My joy for you today is so reminiscent of that happy, happy day! YAYAYAY!!

Kerry said...

Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! Yea!

Sunshine said...

Yay! I remember when Harrison was a baby.

Unknown said...

Congrats Dionne! Exciting news! I know exactly how hard it is to want a baby so badly and to have to wait so long. My boys are 5.5 years apart, and that has been hard, but we feel very blessed to finally have our new baby. Wish pregnancy came easily for all of us, but I know I am better person for the struggle--hopefully you feel the same way. Harrison will be a great big brother!

R.A.A.H. said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. I'm sure that Harrison will be a great big brother.

Maria said...

I am so happy for you and I love to see the belly shots! Keep them coming. I know Harrison is going to be a great older brother. What a blessing this is and I can't wait to meet baby Ward!