Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Bode's 1st Month

Our first month with our Bode baby has been awesome.  First, I am sooo glad not to be pregnant and actually have her here!  Second, she is so fun and such a good baby that everyone seems to love her.  Third, the kids love her and fourth, I love not being pregnant anymore!!(I know I said that but I really mean it-I love feeling more like myself and having some energy back!)


 Since day one she has been such a joy.  She has really come into our family and felt like she has always been here.  She is great at rolling with the punches.
 Sometimes the literal punches that come with having an older brother and sister!  But those two love her to pieces and I know that they will watch out for her always.
We were so excited to be home from the hospital and the kids couldn't wait to get her out of the carseat.
 This is how she spent most of her first month.  Like most newborns, she would sleep anywhere.  Harrison kept asking me not to feed her so that she would stay awake more.  Sorry buddy...no one would like that for very long.
And of course, she makes all sorts of faces like every newborn.  Although she hasn't mastered Blue Steel, she is good at...

The shy look...


The yawn...
 The surprised look...
 The "Why do you keep handing me over to them?"
 The start to a smile...
 And the pondering life look.
 We were so grateful to have my mom come and help out for a few weeks and the kids all loved having her here.  It seemed like an easy transition until my mom left and real life started.  It has been ok though.
 And the girls have matching outfits.  The first of many I'm sure, but I'll try not to go overboard!


No comments: