Tuesday, October 20, 2009

1 year old and wiser too...

I can't believe my baby is 1. Where has the time gone. I have learned so much about love and laughing this past year. I couldn't imagine a better baby.
Harrison has taught me:
You can still smile even after getting woken up in the middle of the night
Never leave home without a pacifier, and put at least 4 in the bed at night
Rear facing carseats get boring because you can't see anything
There is nothing that love from mom (or baby) can't fix
You can learn to walk too young
Yelling is always fun, especially at church

The lessons go on and on. As much as I know Harrison has grown and changed this last year, I feel like I have grown so much as a mom. I love everyday that I get to spend with him and am so grateful that I can stay home with him each day and watch him grow.

Here are some fun pictures from his party at Grandma and Grandpa Willerth's house.

Waiting for his birthday cake. It was chocolate and chocolate and shaped like a football.
Digging right in...could he make more of a mess?
I should have known, he doesn't eat his normal food without making a mess!
After a bath, he looks much better!
He loved his presents but didn't want to sit on my lap to open them. He was more interested in visiting with everyone watching.


Playing the music for all his guests.
Ready to party!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday, Harrison!! What a great job you did with the cake!

R.A.A.H. said...

Happy Birthday Harrison. I can't believe he's already a year. They grow up way too fast, but it's so much fun to see the new things they learn. Congrats on the house, I can't wait to see pictures.