Friday, December 18, 2009

Our Santa Visit!

One Wednesday night we decided to go see Santa at the mall...bad idea. We waited for almost 10 minutes and didn't move. It would have been at least an hour if not more in line so we walked around the mall for a few minutes and Harrison found a Christmas Tree. He loves the big bulbs...they are just like his balls at home. Problem is, these ones would break so we were careful how close he got. He loved it though!
This morning, I made another attempt and took Harrison within minutes of the mall opening. It was about a 15 minute wait. He wasn't too sure when he first sat down...

But he loved playing with Santa's gloves. It was comforting to him and Santa would wiggle them a little bit and it kept him from squirming off his lap.
Even the fingers only lasted so long and we tried to get him to smile and this is what happened! I thought it was cute and wished I would have caught the pruny face before the cry but we were done after this! As soon as I picked him up he was fine again!
Overall, I think it went well and I hope we didn't scar him too much. We will see what next year brings I guess!

No comments: