Thursday, November 10, 2011

Halloween Weekend

Halloween started for us on Friday night with a Trunk or Treat done by our ward. It was a lot of fun and Harrison loved getting on his Lion costume and practicing his roar. He came home with a lot of candy too!

After a combination of candy, staying up late and who knows what else, Harrison woke up with the stomach flu on Saturday. We were going to try and get to a friend's annual Halloween party that night, but figured we would keep to ourselves until the vomiting stopped. We were just glad Harrison handled it well and neither Jeff or I got it! Thank goodness!
By Sunday, Harrison was doing better so we got to decorate our pumpkins. I know it seems last minute, but if you carve pumpkins too early in TX (like 3 days before Halloween) they are rotten before your trick or treaters ever see them. So, Sunday night we painted and carved.


Our finished product. Jeff was told by Harrison to make his scary and mine was supposed to look happy.

Then we decorated sugar cookies. It was a good thing Grandma got there to document all these fun things for us. I haven't been to great about pictures lately.


Then on Monday we got ready for trick or treating in our neighborhood. We tried to switch up the lion costume for a race car. He loved the race car, but couldn't keep it up for long, so we stuck with the lion.
Grandma took him around the street trick or treating while my "bed rest" kept me at home passing out candy. Grandma said he was much more interested in the decorations at everyone's house then the candy. He also did a good job of saying trick or treat at each house, but instead of Thank You, he would roar. Good thing people found it cute and not rude!
Nice attempt at a costume for me too right? I had bigger plans, but managed to let everyone know there is a little girl in there.
I really love Halloween and this year was kind of a bum for me! I couldn't take Harrison trick or treating or do most of my favorite things. But I have an amazing mom who made it happen and an amazing husband. Holiday traditions are not always Jeff's thing, but he made sure we had pumpkins to carve, candy to pass out and cookies to decorate. My husband is amazing!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

He was an adorable lion!! I'm glad that bedrest is going well and you have helpers!