Sunday, January 22, 2012

The (not quite) Man of the House

These past weeks (and months with me on bed rest) have really been a time for Harrison to step it up and show us how grown up he has become. We have had some hard times, but he is doing so well being a big boy and a big brother. He even loves to dress himself now...
So I took back over that job!
Being a fire fighter with Red from Cars.
Jeff had the TV on the Phantom of the Opera movie the other day and Harrison walked over and was mesmerized by Christine. He stood there for her whole song.
Harrison and I took lunch outside the other day and had some good one on one time. We did some eating and some cloud watching.
One of the not so goods has been Harrison's recent need to wake up 1-2 times a night, come into our room and ask to be tucked in. This started when I was put on bed rest. I tried to stop it, but it was hard. I didn't really mind tucking him in and he always went right back to his bed and fell asleep. While his 1-2 wake ups a night mixed with Raegan's have really made me one tired momma, so I turned to bribery. The first time he stayed in his bed all night I promised him Chocolate Chip pancakes. He earned that last week (seen below). Now we are doing a sticker chart that should equal about 15 days of staying in bed. Hopefully that is long enough to become a habit. And it should only cost us a movie! We are 2 nights in and it has worked so far. I hope it continues. I really want to sleep longer then 2 hours at a time again!

No comments: