Tuesday, January 15, 2013

December Road Trip Part 2-Chicago, IL

We spent about a week in Chicago and managed to cram in a lot!  Raegan loved all the presents under the Christmas tree. 


Harrison loved the time with family and cousins.
 It was cold for our little TX bodies!
 We went to another Christmas party.  Harrison bombed the kids choir.
But the party was fun.


Until I put Raegan on Mrs. Clause's lap...I thought we would have better luck with the Mrs.
She liked it better being held by me I guess.  This was all my family who was there for the party.

And we were there when my sister, Diana, got her mission call.  Ukraine!  I can't believe it and I'm so excited for her!  She leaves in March.
My Dad had a birthday.
 I got to visit some friends that I grew up with and get our kiddos together to play!

 We spent a lot of time hanging out with family.


 And we ended the trip with a birthday party for Raegan and myself. 

 






 And the night before we were supposed to leave, it finally snowed.  That was what we all really wanted so that we could enjoy some of the fun winter activities that don't happen for us in TX.  And enjoy we did.  Harrison went out that night and built a snowman with Grandpa and the next day we decorated it.

And we also went sledding.

 Harrison's first trip down the hill, he bit it and got snow all over his face and down his jacket.  He stood up and said "that was awesome!".  Then the reality of the cold hit him and he was ready to go home.  I talked him into a few more runs and he had a good time.  It was only about 22 degrees and really windy so with the wind chill it was close to 0!  Probably the coldest weather this boy has ever been out in!



 Raegan joined us on the little hill by my parents house, but wasn't impressed so she stayed home with Grandma while we found a big hill.

 We had a great trip and after a fun morning enjoying the snow, we took off with my awesome sister Deana, who did most of the driving to get us home.  This time we went straight through the afternoon, night and got home about 8 am on Saturday (Raegan's real birthday), just in time to see Daddy!  The kids were troopers, my sister was awesome and we were happy to be home!  Thanks everyone for such an awesome trip!

No comments: