Monday, February 3, 2014

Blue Bell Factory and Brenham, TX

Since Deana has moved here we have had big plans to go and take her around some great places in Texas.  Well, having a baby has slowed a lot of that, but finally we are getting out.  So, for MLK day, we made the hour trip out to Brenham and toured the Blue Bell factory.  Something I have wanted to do since moving to Texas, but haven't braved by myself with the kids.

It was great and you get ice cream at the end, so win-win.  The tour was really fun and I learned a lot about Blue Bell and ice cream in general.  And they released a brand new flavor the day we were there, so we were one of the first to try I <3 awesome="" chocolate...it="" p="" was="">
Just before our tour started.

Can't take pictures during the tour, so we got some when we sat down to ice cream.

 Raegan digging into the new flavor.  You can tell she hasn't started yet, because when she was done, there was a lot of chocolate that didn't make it in her mouth.

 This is Bode's "You got an ice cream ticket for me and I don't even get to try any!"

 Harrison loved the tour and the ice cream.  And I loved this face.
After the  tour we thought we would visit old Downtown Brenhem.  It was a cute little town and the kids were good while we walked up and down the main street.  I let them detour and throw some rocks in a fountain before heading to lunch at a little cafe called the Funky Art Cafe.  Food was great.  Then we loaded up and headed home.  It was fun to do something a little different.



No comments: