Thursday, December 18, 2014

Surprise trip!

My little sister just got home from her LDS mission at the end of October.  I wanted to have her come down and see us (and meet Bode!) in November before she returns to school.  Well, when I found a great deal on a flight and called, somehow I got talked into switching the plans and I ended up flying there with all my kids!  How does that happen?  My mom can be very persuasive I guess!!

So, we played hooky for a week and headed up to the cold.  My kids loved the airplane and all did very well on the way there.  We had plenty of room to spread out!!


I'm pretty sure we looked like the scene out of cool runnings when we walked out of the airport.  My kids did not like the cold!  But we were excited to be there and see my family.  We managed to surprise a few of them and I took a pretty awesome video of Dillan totally surprised and almost in tears when we walked in the door!  Pretty great!!

And we loved holding this little marshmallow baby!

And we tried to winterize ourselves.

Loving her grandpa time.

Harrison loved the snow and Raegan thought it was nice until her toes got cold...then she was done!
Grandma helped the kids make some great thanksgiving cookies.
Riding on grandma's scooter.
Twinners!  They are going to be the same size before we know it!!

Decorating those cookies.
And enjoying the amazing pizza traditions of Chicago!!


We enjoyed a lot of family time in the few short days we were there.





And we tried to bundle better and get out in the snow.  It is the only snow my kids will see and although it wasn't a lot for up there...

it was enough to make snow angels





and throw a few snowballs.

Poor Bode got so cold so we tried to bundle her.
 And these boys were just exhausted!
 But we had a great time visiting, playing and making memories and we can't wait to go back and visit.

 But I am not excited about another plane ride by myself...This is the face after 30 minutes of crying.
 This one just passed out
 and this one was awake with me the whole flight home from 8:30-11pm!  Stinker!!
 So glad we got to see Diana after her mission and spend a few days with her!  She is awesome!!


No comments: