Sunday, December 5, 2010

Time Out

Well, this last week has been interesting. Usually, I have some pictures and something to tell about, but we kind of took a "time out" from life this week. Although, we were able to do some of our normal tasks, sickness kept us pretty close to home. Harrison started getting sick right around Thanksgiving and within a few days, Jeff and I joined him. Then somehow I ended up with pink eye and had to lay low for a few days. Finally, around Wednesday and Thursday, we were getting back to normal. Thursday I needed to get out of the house and so Harrison and I made a trip downtown to the Children's Museum. He loved every minute of it. Every time we go he seems to find new favorites. This time it was the grocery store and the little cars that honk and have a gas pedal (in the tot area). We had a good time together and it was just what we needed after being in the house for so long.
Then on Friday, Jeff and I got to enjoy a date night. We went and saw Tangled in 3D. It was great! Saturday I went out to lunch with my friend Maria who was visiting from out of town and Sunday has been a nice day with church and family!

This week has really made me appreciate all our wonderful bodies do for us. I am so grateful for our family's health and pray we don't have a week like this again soon!
Now, for all the holidays ahead...

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I am glad you are feeling better! We were sick last week, too. No fun.