Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me! and Family Pictures

My family is usually all in the same place once a year. That day usually ends up being my birthday. This year was no exception. So, like in years past, my birthday doubles as family picture day. This year, we got brave and decided to do them outside. I think they turned out really well. It is hard to get that many people looking at the camera at the same time! This was the photographers favorite...
Here are some other good ones from the day...


After that we decided to take a sister's picture. I have 6 sisters. That makes 7 girls, including me. We had/have a lot of drama growing up!
Then I have 2 brothers...
We celebrated with cake and ice cream and presents in the afternoon.

I got the "D" bag. A joke in my family that gets passed around all year, because we all start with D.
Jeff made dinner.
And then we got to do what I wanted! We got a babysitter for all the little kids and my parents, siblings and significant others. Along with some of my aunts, uncles and cousins all went and played Whirlyball. What is Whirlyball? It is an amazing combination of lacrosse, bumper cars and basketball. It is so much fun!! We traded off teams and played for 2 hours. The fastest 2 hours of the day. It was awesome! Thanks Mom and Dad for taking us all! I had such a great time and we couldn't stop laughing. The next day almost all of us had bruises!


It was an awesome birthday. I love that at 27 years old, I have never spent a birthday away from all my family. One of the blessings of a birthday right by Christmas!

No comments: