Sunday, September 18, 2011

5th Ave. and Grand Central Station

We took several subways that transferred us through Grand Central Station, but only once did we actually leave the tunnels and come check out the main Station. It was pretty awesome and very big. Harrison recognized it from Madagascar, but kept asking where the Zebra was. Sorry buddy, I guess he wasn't there that day!

Then on 2 different days we spent some time on 5th Avenue. There is some great shopping although we avoided the really high end stores and stuck to a few stores we thought we wouldn't stick out too much in.
FAO Schwartz
These guys were performing on the big piano. It was pretty fun to watch.
Harrison finally got to touch the Statue of Liberty.
Throwing pennies in yet another fountain outside of the toy store.
Trump Tower
There are some pretty great cathedrals on 5th Ave.

I had to go to H&M. and then when we took our picture Harrison pointed to the sign and said H is for Harrison and M is for Mommy. Tender!
We found lots of fountains to throw in more pennies.

Just off 5th is Radio City
And Rockefeller Plaza.
And since I didn't buy anything on 5th Ave., we ended up down on Canal St. another day (no pictures) but that place is crazy! We went to Chinatown, Little Italy and Canal St all in one day and I was so busy trying to barter and not get run over by all the people or lose my child in the crowds that I didn't take any pictures. But I did walk away with this...Jeff helped me pick it out and also helped me barter it down and extra couple of bucks. That was another fun experience.

No comments: