Sunday, September 18, 2011

The More Simple Moments

We went none stop for nearly a week before we took much of a break. This pretty much sums up how we all felt.

We made some time for some of the more low key things. I think one of the biggest highlights for me on the trip was the Manhattan Temple. Jeff watched Harrison one morning so that I could go and attend a temple session. I should have looked more closely online to the sessions, because I picked one that was in Spanish. I did have headphones so it was great and I felt like it really helped me focus more. It was an amazing experience and a beautiful temple. It is amazing how such a peaceful place can exist in such a busy place.

We also ate a lot of good food while we were gone. We ate Thai food and a couple of places, Chinese food from a couple of places, some good pizza places, pasta in Little Italy and some burger places. All the food was amazing, but eating out is not something we do a lot, so it was all good, but I don't know how people do it a lot. My pregnant body just started to crave salad and home cooked meals.
We also got to visit Jeff and his "work office" as Harrison calls it. We met him for lunch or after work a few times.
The view from the front of his office.
It rained for 2 days (which was nice because it limited what we could do) and we all needed a break from all the walking and sight seeing. So, when Jeff got home from work, he and Harrison got out and did some puddle jumping. They had a great time. I opted to stay inside, dry and take some pictures.
There was also a great park near our Hotel that we could go to and have some low key mornings. Harrison enjoyed it a lot and I have never really been to an urban park. It was fun. And I think we were some of the only people who spoke English as a first language. I heard Spanish, all sorts of Asian languages, Eastern European, Russian and some Italian. It was interesting to feel like I was the one who didn't know what was going on. But also fun to be emerged in such cultural diversity.

No comments: