Monday, October 3, 2011

Scary Weekend

I will start by saying, I am never complaining about pregnancy again! I thought my pregnancy with Harrison was hard. He was big and moved constantly and I was so uncomfortable. But after it taking us so long to get pregnant this time around, I decided that I was going to be positive and look at the blessing that being pregnant is! Well, this little girl is making that very hard. First of all, she is really low so all the pain in my hips and legs and back started very early. Well, working out seemed to help a lot with that and I was able to stay positive. It was getting hard for me to chase around Harrison too, but such is life and he was learning to deal.

Well, then last weekend, we got the scare of this pregnancy. I started having a lot of pain Friday. Trying to just chalk it up to the fact that I did a lot (walking, a yoga workout, laundry, cleaned my bathrooms and swept the floors and then just chased around Harrison) and so I spent the evening resting and decided to go to bed early. Well, after a very un-restful nights sleep, I got up in the morning only to find that my pain was coming not just as cramps but as very regular cramping and pain. To me, that said contractions, so I called the Dr. Saturday morning and they told me to head to the hospital. So, Jeff is out of town working and I think, should I bring Harrison and make him wait while they probably run some tests, give me some meds and wait in the hospital for a few hours or should I find someone to watch him for the rest of the morning for me. I went with finding someone and I was so glad to have such wonderful friends. A dear friend came by, picked him up and then offered to drop her kids and Harrison with her husband and come with me. I figured I would be fine and in and out of there pretty quick, so off she went with Harrison and off I went to the hospital.

I quickly realized at the hospital that this wasn't going to be quick. They hooked me up to some machines and after a few tests and time on the machines decided that I was having a lot of contractions and although they weren't putting me into labor yet, they very likely could start. So, start the drugs. A simple pill right? WRONG! A pill that I take every 6 hours for 48 hours while I stay in the hospital so they can monitor the baby's reaction as well as my contractions. So, now we are talking 2 days in the hospital! Crazy! So, Jeff books a flight home, Harrison spends the rest of the day (and night)-Thank you Allen Family!! with friends and Jeff gets to me late that night. I won't go into all the details, but after pills and shots, the contractions were under control and baby girl was doing great (so happy she didn't decide to come at 28 wks!). Another reason I am never going to complain about pregnancy...keeping her in is so much better for everyone!

I got home this morning and will now spend the next 2-3 months on bed rest. Which is actually a better option I think then delivering a preemie, so I am going to do my best to obey my Dr. and stay on bed rest. Thank goodness for a wonderful mother in law and mother, family and amazing Relief Society Friends in Houston who are all stepping in to help. I don't know how or if I will ever be able to repay everyone, but I hope that I can be of service to others just as I am now the receiver of service! Now, I just need to pray these contractions don't start up again until at least 38 weeks!
Jeff snapped this keeper in the hospital! Harrison brought his race cars to keep me entertained! What a sweet boy and a trooper through all of this (and it is only the beginning).
Now I just need to find all the different things I can do while in bed and sitting down!

1 comment:

olesia said...

So scary for sure! Glad to hear everthing is ok. I had to be on complete bedrest for 16 weeks total. Cant imagine how hard it can be with a fun little boy:) I did a lot of sleeping, reading, cross-stiching. So any unfinished projects that you have you that you can do in bed that the best time to catch up on them:) Hope evertyhing will work out for you and she will come on time and healthy!