Wednesday, October 12, 2011

To My Angel Boy!

Dear Harrison,

Three years ago today I looked into the eyes that would change my life forever. Your presence has made my life so much better. You came a little later then we wanted you too, but when you got here you were worth the extra waiting. You were so healthy and calm and just wanted us to hold and cuddle you. You were a great sleeper and never did more then whimper when you needed something. You brought such a calmness and sweetness into our home. Your daddy and I can't imagine life without you.
You have taught me so much and helped me to grow in ways I never thought possible. I always knew I wanted to be a mom, but until you were here, I didn't really know what that meant. You helped me to learn patience and unconditional love. You have helped me to learn what true joy is as I have watched you grow from a little 8 lb, 5 oz baby, into a 33 lb toddler! You have grown bigger, not just physically, but mentally as well. You have quite the little personality and although you keep me on my toes all the time, you make life fun and exciting! I love watching you discover what the world has to offer and I love that you help me stop and enjoy the little things. Like the flowers along the sidewalk or the bugs in the grass. I love that you can remember all the lines in the movie Cars and get so excited to watch it again and again with me. I love that you copy what I say when I read books to you now and how you "let" me play with some of your toys! I love our games of hide and seek when you tell me where you are hiding. I love to color, cut, paint and do projects with you. I love that you made potty training so easy and quick. I love that we get to learn together. I love your laugh, your smile, and all your different emotion faces that you have been working on lately.
I love that you have been so patient with all the changes and travels in our lives and that you have been so excited to welcome a baby sister into our family. I am glad you have been able to adjust and give up some of your mommy time so that baby sister can get here safely!

Harrison, you are truly a blessing to me and all those you meet. I hope you enjoy your special day my little angel baby! I can't wait to see all that you teach me as you are learning what it is like to be 3!

Love,
Your Mommy

No comments: