Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Chicago August 1-5, 2012

Although, we did not change locations in August, we had a lot going on and took a lot of pictures so I made it it's own post (and I don't even have the wedding photographer pictures to put in here!)
Raegan loving on her cousin Chance!

On August 1st we had Dave and Tiffany's open house at my parent's house.  It was a lot of work but all came together really well.  The weather worked out and I think everyone had a great time!


 Trouble! But I guess that is what happens when Grandma puts floating light on the pool!
 And not that this is a great picture of either of us, but I got to spend some time with one of my oldest friends.  Brittany and I have known each other since I was 4 and have been friends and kept in touch ever since.  I don't see her often,  but we are still great friends and it was fun to see her a few times when I was home.
 The guests of honor.  My little brother Dave and his wife Tiffany.

Then we took a few hours to recover from that before hosting Dillan's shower the next night.  Luckily my wonderful aunt let us do it at her house so we just brought everything and had a good time.  It is a lot of work though and  I was already wiped out by Thursday and the wedding wasn't even until Saturday!
The shower was fun though and it was fun to plan!


Then Friday started with a trip to the airport...Jeff finally was able to join us!  Then it was hurry and get back to go out for Dillan's bachlerette party.  We went and got our nails done.  There was quite a group and it was a lot of fun to sit back and relax a little.
After nails we did presents and Grandma had fun keeping Raegan entertained.
And I managed to escape a few minutes of the chaos to have a nice dinner with my family!  Harrison was so glad to have his daddy back!  And the pizza wasn't bad either!  Lou Malnoti's is my favorite and it didn't disappoint!

And at the end of the night everyone was tired!  Jeff couldn't even make it through a movie with Harrison! 
Then Saturday was the main event.  It started early with hair and makeup!  She looks good though!
And then to the temple for the ceremony.  This little girl doesn't look so bad either!

It was so hot, but the kids were good sports while they waited at the temple and then through pictures.
And he passed out on the way home from the temple.  
Then it was a quick change and to the luncheon. 
The happy, newly married couple!

I don't have any pictures from the reception but that was also a lot of fun!  We had a ring ceremony, awesome food and dancing.  It was an amazing day and I was so glad to be a part of it.  It was exhausting and someone told me I should be a wedding planner because I was all business in getting things done, but my stress level was way too high.  I think I'll stick to being a mom!  That keeps me busy enough!

Then we got up Sunday morning, I tried to pack up 5 weeks worth of our stuff from throughout my mom's still disheveled house (luckily I didn't forget too many things-just most of my own stuff!) and we headed out in our new mini van for the drive home!  We thought it would take us 17 hours but it ended up taking 19 hours.  We made it home at 6 am and luckily the kids went back to sleep (they both slept most of the night really well in their carseats) and we got a few good hours of sleep in our beds.  I didn't take many pictures of the drive (19 hours straight with 2 kids-I'm sure you can picture it in your head nicely!) but we did stop in the middle of Missouri somewhere and found this gem parked outside.  Harrison couldn't believe that Sheriff lived in Missouri!  He was more then excited to get out and pose for a picture.  Now we just have to get to California to see Lightening McQueen and the rest of the gang!

But we had a great time, saw a lot of family and friends, ate a lot of good food, did a lot of fun things and planned some amazing parties!  It was an awesome vacation, but it is so great to be home too!

No comments: