Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Chicago July 20-End of July


 When we got back from Ohio, it was back to work (play for the kids and wedding work for me)!  Harrison had a good time playing with Grandpa some more.
 And like any good big brother, he wanted his sister to enjoy the ride.  She only lasted about 3 seconds and it didn't move the whole time before I was worried she would need another tetanus shot.

 Raegan enjoyed spending most of her time at the kitchen table watching people and trying to figure out new cups, toys and food!




 Although she does enjoy sitting on Grandpa's motorcycle too.  Who wouldn't want to lounge on the back of a Harley!?  That's my girl...
 And Harrison has always loved the motorcycle.  Hello, do you copy?

 We also enjoyed time with friends and family.  Jeff's brother and family have been in Chicago for a while and just moved so we met up with them at IKEA on their way out of town.  Harrison and Alpha enjoyed the beds.

But since they didn't get much sleep, he passed out after lunch on the way home.
 I also got to get together with 2 friends from high school.  We now have 5 1/2 kids between the 3 of us!  Crazy to think that life has changed so much for us but we still have a great time when we get together!
Dana's twins are on the outside, my 2 in the middle and Emmett (the soon to be big brother) on the other side.
 My Aunt Donna (one of my dad's younger sisters) was also in town from Florida at the same time we were there.  I don't see her often (it has been about a year and a half) and she has never met my kids so we had a good time hanging out and having dinner at my parents.




And this is random but while we were shopping I found this crown!  Too cute!  Didn't buy it but had to just try it out on our little princess.
So the big reason I was gone so long was to help with two weddings.  Well, just a week before my sister's wedding and 3 days before my brother's open house, Harrison came up to me and says "How come no body will play with me?  I really want to play with everybody!"  It was then I realized that toys and shows and running around outside by himself wasn't cutting it.  The only person who played with him much was my Dad but that was only when he got home from work.
It broke my heart so we took a break from wedding stuff for a few hours, left Raegan in good hands and had some Mommy/Harrison time.  It was so fun and I know it is something we need to do more often!
 Plus, who doesn't love ice skating?  Especially in July!  Harrison had never been and I was rusty because there isn't much opportunity down here and it isn't really my husband's thing.
But Harrison and I had a blast and he did better then I thought and probably better then his Dad could do!


 Then the cousins arrived and just in time!  They kept him busy and wore him out.  He (and Raegan) slept great for most of the trip!



And just a random little shot at the end.  I don't take many pictures with my kids and I need to be better!

No comments: