Thursday, June 20, 2013

Mothers Day/Fathers Day

I had a great Mothers Day this year.  I got flowers in the days before and enjoyed them for the day and the days following.  I was able to sleep in, have home made cinnamon rolls for breakfast, go to church with my family (and get chocolate there!), took a nap, had some amazing Chicago-style deep dish pizza (also home made) and enjoyed a relaxing evening with my family.   Harrison also made me some very cute crafts at preschool that I enjoyed.  I could not have asked for a better day.


Fathers Day was also fun.  (At least Jeff said he enjoyed it!)  He also got to sleep in (his early church meetings all cancelled!), we brought him breakfast in bed complete with Harrison's preschool crafts, we enjoyed church, naps, and I made Shake Shack burgers, onion rings and chocolate coconut macaroons.  Jeff was able to spend the day relaxing with his family and watching golf.  Raegan has really enjoyed watching golf with Jeff.  I think it is all the clapping...it makes her really happy.  It was a nice, quiet day and we loved it. 

Happy late Mothers/Fathers Day to all the wonderful Moms and Dads (Present and future).  I love having a day to celebrate such an amazing thing!

No comments: