Friday, June 13, 2014

May Outings-Space Center and Zoo

So, I am way behind, but since we started May with a visit to the Dr. for pink eye with Bode and then had the stomach flu hit everyone in the house, I think I am excused.  We were literally at the dr. May 1st and by the time I wasn't doing 3 loads of sheets, towels and whatever else had someone's bodily fluids on them it was May 20th!  Crazy times and NOT something I want to go through again.

Even though someone was always sick, we managed to still have a little bit of fun.

Right after everyone showed signs of improvement, Deana and I took the kids to the space center.  I had been wanting to go and I knew Deana would like it. It was fun, but they changed a lot since the last time I was there.
The tram ride was about 30 mins. longer and the kids were bored by the end.  Plus I didn't bring snacks.
 They loved seeing the big rocket parts though.

 And they got rid of the big children's play area.  They still have some cool stuff so Harrison tested out his simulation skills while Raegan ran around to everything.  It was a fun time!
 Then at the end of May we took 2 trips to the zoo.  One was spent checking out the splashpad area.
 And playing.
 The second was spent seeing the brand new bug exhibit and bug house.  Harrison loved it, Raegan just wanted to eat snacks and go see the monkeys.


 I was so glad that Jeff came with us the first trip and Deana came with us the second, because outings with all three kids can be pretty tricky, but the kids usually have fun and we all come home tired!

No comments: