Friday, June 13, 2014

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was different this year.  Jeff had big plans to make me breakfast and dinner and the kids were going to help, but Mother's Day, I woke up and it was my turn to get the flu!  Such a bummer!  Instead of my nice stuffed chicken dinner and cinnamon roll breakfast, I enjoyed crackers and ginger ale for breakfast and chicken soup for dinner.  Everyone still tried to make it special and I did get to spend most of the day in bed.  I just wish I had felt better.  

Well, 2 days later,  I was feeling better!  Jeff and the kids had flowers delivered and he made our awesome dinner.  Then over the next weekend he made the cinnamon rolls.  Everything was great and it was kind of fun to spread it out over the week.

My kids are so great and it is fun to celebrate being a mom.  It is the most challenging and exciting thing I have ever done and I wouldn't change a thing.  I would love to get more sleep and be able to go to the bathroom by myself sometimes, but I guess that will happen again some day!




No comments: