Friday, June 13, 2014

May Projects

Jeff thought we needed a few fun projects this month, so we decided to tackle some outside things.  

We painted our back patio
During (or before) and I didn't take an after before we covered it with all the stuff for extending the patio so I'll get that later.
We also painted the garage floor.  And cleaned out the garage.
Before

After

Then Memorial Day weekend we dove in and started extending our patio.  We dug it out Saturday.




Then Monday we started laying bricks and the weather was bad.  Finally, we had to just give up...
And the rain just kept coming but we had gutters put up in the mean time and then after 2 weeks of our backyard being a mess, we were finally able to finish this last Saturday.  The kids love the dirt pile that we created.  They want it to stay...me, not so much!
But we finished and the kids love the little rock pit we created for them.  It is my compromise on a sand box.
And the finished patio.  Once all the grass grows in around it, we will be done and be able to use this awesome new space we created!

I like projects, but I love when we finish and spend the next few Saturdays having fun instead of working.  Too many big projects as a kids makes me a little jaded I guess, but I am glad we are done and I love the patio.  We have been out there a ton this week and I know we will use it a lot!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That patio looks awesome! Great job!