Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Lake trip to WI (in the middle of the Chicago trip)

My Grandparents own a cabin in Wisconsin and I spent a lot of time there as a kid.  Until I got married, I don't think there was a summer that I didn't go up there at least once.  I haven't been able to go much since moving away, but we made it this time.  It was Harrison's second time and the girls first.  I love it up there and I think they all love it too!

There is sand.

Water.
Toys.
Boats.




This girl loved the boat.  We couldn't get her off it most days!  I think this picture captures her face and feelings well!

Fish.
Tubing.

Ninja stick fighting.




Cousins.






Car trips to the cheese factory, which had the best cheese curds I have ever had in my life.  Man I love some squeaky cheese.

We had such an awesome 3 days.  There is no phone and you get no service and it is a great place to unwind and relax.  Deana said it was a good trial run for Africa...no technology, minimal electricity and one very small bathroom (and everyone smelling like lake water!).  We also ate a lot of ice cream and s'mores (but I guess I didn't take any pictures of that)!  It was just a fun time with the cousins and spending Deana's last few days up there.  Great times!

No comments: