Monday, April 5, 2010

Willerth Spring Break Pt. 1

Peek-a-Boo...we see you! My parents drove down to Houston for spring break with my three youngest siblings. Harrison was so excited to see everyone and have so many people to entertain. He got busy right away and showed us his peek-a-boo skills. He is always a crowd pleaser!
And of course, my family get togethers always involve food. Diana is a great pancake maker! Monday was a day of shopping and hanging out at the house.
Harrison loves to eat and that morning on top of his 3 pancakes, he enjoyed grapefruit.
My little poster boy. My sister's had fun playing with my camera and got a few great shots of Harrison.
These are a little out of order, but on Wednesday morning I was able to go to the Temple in Houston with my mom and dad. We had a great time and got some great pictures. Aren't my parents the cutest?!

On Tuesday we drove out to the Space Center Houston (Close to Galveston) and spent the day at the Space Center.
They had a Tram ride that took you from the museum/visitors center to the actual Space Station. It was really neat and I have never seen anything like it before.
Harrison enjoyed the Tram ride. He likes being in a car with no car seat I guess!
Getting ready to go...
Outside the Saturn building.
Part of what would have been Apollo 18, had they done that many missions. You can see Harrison and I at the base of the stairs. We look so little and this piece isn't even a quarter of the total size of the thing!
Trying on the astronaut helmet and getting creative in our pictrue taking.
Laying on a bed of nails. Diana was the first brave one but then Della, Drake and my Dad all tried it.
After watching a movie about space exploration and starting to walk through the exhibit, Harrison needed a nap. Diana was cold and this sleeping baby is a fireball. It was a perfect match. He really looks like a baby when he is asleep!
Awake again and ready to play. They had a space themed play area and Della was nice enough to take him in and let him run around. He loved every minute and she said she got her workout for the day so it was a good trade!
On Wednesday afternoon we went to Downtown Houston. We checked out Discovery Green. This is one of those places that I have wanted to go to since we moved here but just have not had the time or the right weather. That day was a perfect day and we got to walk around and see the city too. Harrison loved the fountains the best and would have stayed there all day if we let him.
Drake was trying to get him closer. The fountains kept changing heights so he was tentative in getting to close to any of them.
The entrance to the park
Playing at the playground. Della is teaching Harrison how to make even more noise, I mean music!
More pictures from Discovery Green in my next post.

No comments: