Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

What a wonderful Mother's Day! I hope every mother (or future mother) enjoyed a day as wonderful as mine! I love having two boys in my life who love me so much. I was so spoiled today and loved every minute of it. My day started with this little angel climbing in bed with me and cuddling while Daddy worked on breakfast. Harrison isn't the greatest at sitting still to cuddle, but I'll take what I can get and this morning, we cuddled!
When we got up for breakfast, both of us were ready to eat and happy to be waited on.
A few days before Mother's Day I got a new phone. Many of you know, my phone is awful! I am do for a new phone in July so I haven't gotten a new one. The battery doesn't stay charged more than a few minutes and I borrowed another phone from my sister, which has since had the screen go out, so I was so excited for a new phone. Harrison just wants it out so he can destroy it like my other phone...not happening buddy!
Giving some love to mommy on our second Mother's Day together.
I told Jeff the other day that I really was craving Cinnamon Rolls, but not just regular cinnamon rolls, I wanted Cinnabon rolls. So, my wonderful husband found a wonderful recipe and spent quite a bit of time to make me my perfect breakfast. Before he even cooked them, they looked and smelled so good.
By the time he got them out of the oven, I couldn't wait anymore. We added some frosting (also homemade) and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. Instead of breakfast in bed, we had breakfast outside. Harrison ran around and I got to enjoy my new mother's day presents. Jeff got me a comfy lawn chair and table and a bird feeder. So now I can spend my days in our backyard and be comfortable (no pictures now but maybe next time)!
Then as we were getting ready for church, my shoes went missing...where could they be? I wasn't sure until I heard a clicking on the tile and found my shoe bandit! Silly boy doesn't know yet that these are not boy shoes!
Then I wanted to take a nice family picture. Not enough time to really set up so it wasn't great. Plus the sun was in our eyes so Harrison wouldn't smile! Oh-well, we will just have to try again soon!
I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful mother's day...I know I did. I am so grateful for all the wonderful mothers out there. I have a wonderful mother who I love so much and has helped make me the mother I am today. She has taught me many lessons in my life and I have grown so much as a woman because of her. I have a great mother-in-law as well, who raised an amazing son who has now become an amazing husband and father. I am so blessed in my life to be surrounded by such wonderful mothers. Families are truly a gift from our Heavenly Father, I and I am so grateful for mine!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Those cinnamon rolls look AMAZING!!Yayy Jeff!