Friday, August 27, 2010

Anniversary, Friends and Swimming

Blogging has taken a back burner lately but I am going to catch up...so we had our anniversary, 5 years! Where does the time go? We went to DC back in April as an "anniversary trip" and then the weekend before our anniversary, we got a babysitter for Harrison and went to the movies. We saw Inception. Good movie. So with our anniversary on a Thursday, we stayed home and made a really great dinner. We had steak, steamed veges and homemade onion rings. It was great!
I tried taking some pictures to remember the day, but I looked so tired and awful so this is the only one I even thought looked OK.
For dessert (that was what I was in charge of!) we had Chocolate Lava cakes! So great!
Then a little over a week ago I watched a friend's twins. They are older then Harrison by about 6 months, but they play really well together. I gave them each a drink and a bowl of Goldfish and they lined up like this...
I couldn't resist taking some pictures. They were so funny and really I don't understand why they sat in a row but I thought it was cute. And, I could not get all 3 of them to look at the camera at the same time. Guess I need an assistant when taking pictures of 2 or more children.
And we spent 5 days a week at the pool, almost without fail (weather permitting). We had our own neighborhood pool as well as a neighborhood across the street that we would visit as well.
Harrison is a regular water bug. By the end of summer (as least when they closed the pools for back to school) Harrison has mastered jumping into the pool, pool slides, kicking to swim, blowing bubbles, treading water and dunking his head under. He loves the water wings and I wish we got them sooner. I thought he would be to young but he loves it. And it makes the deep ends of the pool easier because I don't have to hold him the whole time. And when he jumps in, I don't have to catch him right away. He pretty much jumps in, comes up, swims back to the stairs and then repeats again and again. We get a big kick out of it.






He has no fear of the water and next year my plan is swimming lessons. Then he will know what he is doing and ease my mind a little when he jumps into the water and runs away from me to the slides and deep ends of the pool.
I hope everyone else enjoyed their summer as well!

No comments: