Friday, August 27, 2010

Family Pictures-Take 1

So this year for an anniversary present, I wanted to take some nice family pictures. Jeff isn't a big fan of getting dressed up smiling for the camera. Fake and cheesy according to him, so this was a wonderful present to me. Well, I wanted to do them outside...mistake #1. Houston in August does not equal good outside pictures. To try and make up for that, I thought we would do them early in the morning (the lighting is better anyway)...mistake #2. Jeff was a great sport, but Harrison did not want to smile. It was early and we pretty much woke him up, threw some clothes on him and put him in the carseat where he kind of ate breakfast and then I wanted him to smile-what was I thinking! Then I straightened my hair for the pictures and we made it through about 2 poses before my hair soaked up the humidity and I didn't like any more pictures anyway. So we are going to try again soon.

Here are some shots from the day. I was going to photoshop them, but I want to wait until I do the second round of pictures, maybe in the evening with a well fed boy and in less humidity for my hair! I thought the lighting was great and I like our outfits with the coloring of the background. I think I am going to have someone there to make Harrison smile this time too.The best pictures of the day were the ones we did of just the 2 of us, but again my crazy, frizzy hair!!!

This is the best of the day and probably the only one I would think to frame. That is the closest to a smile we got from Harrison the whole time.





There is always next time...I just hope it doesn't take too long. I am planning on next week so look for more (and hopefully better) pictures to be coming soon.

4 comments:

Cassidy said...

I can't believe how hard it is to get a good family shot. That probably why our pictures are always so outdated.

This week is the week for low humidity, so jump on it if you can! And we'd be willing to help get Harrison to smile, if you need someone.

Trishelle said...

You are a beautiful family! I've been meaning to comment for weeks now to congratulate you on your 5TH ANNIVERSARY and the awesomeness that is your family. Your little man is so adorable and he definitely will grow up knowing he is the light of your lives!! What a happy thing to grow up knowing!

Christine said...

Very cute pictures! I think all of them are worthy of a frame. :-) I haven't seen or visited with you in such a long time. We need to get together soon.

Unknown said...

I think the pictures look great! I can totally understand how frustrating that humidity is, though. My senior pictures turned out exactly the same way. Congrats on your 5th anniversary! Has it really been that long? I remember when Jeff had just gotten home from his mission. . .