Sunday, June 26, 2011

Chicago Trip

Although our Memorial Day weekend was the main highlight of our trip to Chicago, we managed to see and do a lot of other stuff too. I had 2 friends who had babies since Christmas when I was last home so I got to go see and hold some cute little babies.
The twins were almost 4 months old and the little guy just hit 2 weeks. Oh I miss these small little ones.
Mine looks HUGE next to them!
But then he likes to do the holding just like his mommy! Maybe the practice will come in handy someday.
Harrison was also in love with the special suitcase he got for the trip. He carried it around the airport and my parents house and any other place I would let him take it.
I was also able to have lunch with my awesome cousin who got married last December. And Harrison and I went over to another one of my friends house's for Chinese one night. Her 2 nieces were there. They are 4 and 6 and could not get enough of Harrison! I think he would have moved in if I let him. And I wanted to with all the help those 2 girls are!

Harrison also got to "ride" (aka move around the driveway) on Grandpa's motorcycle.
Safety first.
Practicing for the first time we let him ride or drive!
The neighbor across the street came to help with a dead tree stump and Harrison could not take his eyes of the "big tractor" so the lucky boy got a ride.
But still loves riding grandpa's tractor whenever he can.
We took Darci on a few walks.
And of course got picked on by family.
We were pretty exhausted every night!
But I think that is because someone...Harrison...loved to crawl in mommy's bed way to early. Is my kid the only one who gets all messed up when we travel and have to sleep in the same room! Oh well, we spent some early mornings laying here watching a show while I got the rest of my night's sleep.

We had a great trip and as usual can't wait to go back and visit family. Our next family trip is with Jeff's family to the beach...that one should be great!

No comments: