Thursday, June 30, 2011

Della Comes to Houston

My youngest sister made the trip from Chicago back to Houston with us. She stayed for 2 weeks, since my mom and other sister were headed to France for 2 weeks...Rough life!
Anyway, we had a good time while she was here. Of course it is hots so we spent time inside or at the pool. One morning Harrison really wanted to ride his bike and no one wanted to be outside, so we brought it in and he rode and got rides along our front entry. Della fit on it much better then Jeff or I!
We managed to get out to the beach for a day and it was a lot of fun. I thought it would be way to hot (it was still hot and Harrison wouldn't walk on the sand) but we had a great time in the water and the wet sand!




Harrison even had his first surfing experience.

When it came time for Della to leave (that alone took 3 tries with 2 cancelled flights), we were sad to see her go. Harrison tried to be as cute and nice as possible, but Della was ready to go home I think!


We spent a lot of time at the pool with Della too, but I am never good about bringing my camera and taking pictures at the pool. I guess that is what happens when you have a 2 year old who is learning to swim. But we had a great time with Della and love having family come visit us!

No comments: