Saturday, June 11, 2011

Wisconsin Weekend

So I spent about 2 weeks up north visiting my family (more pictures and info on the rest of the trip later). The main reason for going right now is that my parent's were planning a trip to my Grandparent's cabin for Memorial Weekend and I really wanted to take Harrison up. I spent so much of my childhood summers up at the cabin and have so many good memories. It is an endless play place for kids (and sometimes a little stressful for parents!) but it was fun and I know Harrison had a great time. I just hope we get to go back again soon! We were there Friday evening and left Monday afternoon but in that time, we fit a lot in. My sister Destiny was also going up with her 4 boys (Harrison's only cousins on my side) so I knew we would be in for a fun weekend.

There was lots of sand...
Chance quickly decided that getting buried really deep was not all it was cracked up to be.
Harrison decided to play it safe and keep the arms out.
And how do you rinse off all the sand? You go to the water and quickly back out. The water was pretty cold still!
And fishing...or watching fish with Aunt Della.

And fishing later.
Grandma had much more luck catching fish with Harrison. They worked out quite the system and he caught 6 fish in a matter of minutes.

Talon and Harrison loved holding the fish and playing with the ones we caught in the bucket. Don't worry we let them all go!


And boating...
This was Harrison's face pretty much the whole time the boat was moving "super fast!"
The bigger kids liked tubing.
And my dad even found someone to drive the boat so he could get a little skiing in.
Picnics...
Campfires and of course, s'mores...
Grandpa showing them the right way.
But they just wanted to eat.




I think Gage won for messiest eater.
He gets it from his mom...
We even squeezed in a trip to my mom's favorite liquidation store up there, that after 30+ years is going out of business. Sad day but we found some good deals.
And these two had a blast together as long as no toys or sharing was involved. They loved running around together, climbing everything and just being rowdy boys.


And after a long weekend, as we were getting ready to go, Harrison was a mess and we already cleaned the bathroom, so enter bathing in the sink. He has certainly gotten a lot bigger since the last time I tried it! But he loved it and it was quick.
We had such a great weekend with family around. We were sad Jeff missed it, but we waited too long to try and get him a flight. I know he was sad to miss it too, but we brought back a lot of pictures and video to share with him. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Willerth too. We had a great time with everyone!

No comments: