Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Break!

Well, we don't really get a spring break, but my siblings do. So, my parents packed them up and they made the 2 day drive down to visit us. We packed A LOT into their trip and had a great time visiting. Texas is really great and feels like home, but it makes me sad when family leaves and I realize how far away we really are. But enough of that, we had a great time!
Monday we laid pretty low. The rest of us spent the afternoon shopping and settling in with our plans for the week and hanging out.



Drake got to play XBox after Dave took theirs to school.
Tuesday we spent a long (but great) day at the zoo. It really clears out in the afternoon. We never stayed that long before, but we had a great time. We saw all sorts of animals and had a great time in the African Forest.




Holding Grandpa's hand. He is always pulling away from me when I try to hold his hand!
First Zoo Carousel ride.



Lunch at the zoo.
We attracted some new friends.
Wrapping up a great day.
Someone was totally wiped out by the time it was time to go home!
Tuesday night we all had a big pizza party and watched Tangled. With the exception of Harrison, everyone had seen it. We all loved it all over again.
Wednesday was colder. We spent the morning at the park and playing basketball. Someone tried to get creative with their shots (Jeff) and before we knew it, all 3 balls we brought were in the rafters. They were all safely rescued later though.
The girls all went shopping in the afternoon and the boys went to play frisbee golf.
Thursday we had a big breakfast
and then worked it off by playing Just Dance 2 for the Wii. Love that game. If you haven't tried it, get ready to laugh and sweat and have a great time.
Then we spent some time at our splash pad to get ready for our long day at the beach.

Then Friday was our day out in Galveston. We had a great time and all got sun, wind, sand and water.



Digging for crabs
Harrison loved watching the hermit crabs.

My cute little sister Diana.

Playing hard and getting some sun.
Just about everyone took a turn getting buried.
5 of the 9 siblings in my family. We missed the rest of you!



Kite flying. Harrison tried out his new Lightning McQueen kite.
It was a long but amazing week. We are so grateful to have family come and visit us. I wish we lived closer but for now I will treasure the visits that we have and the time that we do spend together.
Harrison was pretty pooped and decided to sleep in his Auntie's bed instead of his own.
After everyone left, I spent the day putting my house back together. Harrison disappeared and I found him helping himself to a water at Daddy's desk. There wasn't even a chair to get up there so I'm not really sure how it happened, but I'm glad that water was not on the computer.
Thanks again for coming everyone and I hope to have more family visiting soon! We love and miss you all!

No comments: