Sunday, March 27, 2011

Warm enough for Water!

This whole last week has been in the 80s so after a few days, we decided to "water" the backyard and by that I mean play in the sprinkler. Ready to go...
Nothing better then a sprinkler.

Then on Saturday we decided to make our yearly trip to the beach in Galveston. We started out with the ferry ride. It is a lot of fun and Harrison loved nothing more then running around on a big boat.

Then we made our way over to the beach (back on the Galveston side of the ferry).
We haven't been since this time last year (we avoided it when it was hot) and Harrison did not have the greatest time. We spent most of the time with him whining on my lap and upset about having sand on him and he hated the waves. He got knocked over by one and that was it...he was done.

This year...totally different. He LOVED everything about it!
He loved being in the water and playing in the sand. We enjoyed the sun and the time to relax and kick back on the beach. Jumping waves with Daddy.

And Aunt Dillan.
Learning very quickly not to try to get sand out of your mouth when you have sand all over your hands.
Getting buried in the sand.
This video is a little long, but he is pretty funny. Like a butterfly breaking out of his cocoon. Ignore me talking in the background (that is the #1 reason I hardly post videos on our blog...I hate my voice in the back).



As we were packing up to go, I took all his swim stuff off and put his towel on him. In the light of keeping things PG, I didn't post the pictures of him with his towel flying up. Although, it was pretty cute watching his little guy naked and running around the beach for a minute.
Within a few minutes of getting to the beach, Jeff yelled to me that a successful cartwheel had split his swim trunks. It was time for a new pair anyway. So Jeff made a quick trip to Walgreens to replace this hole. It was pretty funny!
We had a great day at the beach and are loving being outside. It is this time of year that I love being in Houston! My family comes this week too so it should be a really fun week!

No comments: