Monday, April 2, 2012

A Name and a Blessing

On March 25, 2012, Raegan Lin Ward received her name and blessing. As is standard in our church, a baby is given this opportunity and Raegan was so blessed to be surrounded by her grandfathers, friends and to be given this blessing by her father. Some things that really stuck out from her blessing were that she would have a generous and thoughtful nature. Also, that through challenges and trials, she would remember the love that her Heavenly Father has for her.
Both Grandfathers and her Dad.
Her dress was also very special for her day. My mom made my wedding dress and from the extra fabric was able to make Harrison's blessing outfit and now Raegan's.
My mom and Raegan.
Both sets of Grandparents as well as my 2 youngest siblings were all there for the day. It was a beautiful March day in Houston.
Our family.
Me and my babies.
My little angel girl.
Raegan and Harrison with their Willerth Grandparents.
And again, with Della and Drake.
Raegan with both her Grandmas.
Raegan and Harrison with their Ward Grandparents.
The girl of the hour in some shot of her in her dress. The blanket was also made for the day. It has embroidered in it her full name and blessing day. My mom has made one for both of my kids and I hope it is something they keep and treasure forever.







It was truly a special day and we are so grateful for the sacrifices made by our family to be there. We loved having everyone and celebrating our little girl.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Dionne, what a special day and what beautiful pictures. Your babies are beautiful!! I am so glad both sets of grandparents were able to be there. How wonderful for your family. Miss you!!