Friday, April 27, 2012

Preschool Field Trip

Yesterday we went on a field trip with Harrison's preschool to visit the Houston Mounted Police Department.  I made sure to get him on this field trip (usually I avoid field trips because it is a lot of work and he doesn't like them as much as regular school) and I thought he would have a great time.

Well, apparently he was not too excited and was afraid of the horses.  We were allowed to feed them and this was as close to a picture as I could get of him feeding a horse.
Then he would drop the carrot.  Finally I helped him and he would do it with me, but he was still really scared.  These are big horses though.
He did start to warm up and would let me help him feed the carrots and peppermints we brought.  The peppermints were flat on our hands so the horses tickled us with their mouths.  It was a lot of fun.  Even Raegan helped feed a few horses.
 He would rather use the carrot to hit himself.
  He was scared to death to take this picture, but was a good sport.  I think he was afraid the horse would try to take his hat.  But we survived the trip with all our fingers and clothes in tact.
The K9 unit is also trained here so he stood in front with the dog statue as well.
 I thought it was really fun, but I guess I will have to check with Harrison before the next field trip.


No comments: