Sunday, March 13, 2011

Off Limits

I don't know if I have said recently, but I LOVE having a backyard! Especially one with a fence and in a place where we can use our backyard pretty much year-round. Love it!
Well, this week (and part of next week) our yard has been off limits. We put down a lot of stuff last weekend (fertilizer, bug killer, weed killer and planted some new grass seed) so we want to give the stuff a chance to settle in before we are all over it again. That has made it an interesting week. We have found lots of other stuff to do, but really miss (and can't wait to have) our yard again!
Instead, this week we spent a day at the rodeo (see previous post) and a lot of time on walks and at the park. We even went to feed the ducks.

Harrison would much rather walk around and pick up sticks, rocks and other things then play on a playground.

One of the parks we went to had a water front and Harrison threw in all of his collected treasures from our walk, plus whatever shells and rocks he found there.
We also had friends come to play. Although, I did not have boys who wanted to stop playing and smile for me, we did manage to get a picture of Harrison with his favorite baby. He always begs to hold her and help her. I think he will make a good big brother one day!
So despite being out our backyard, we still found ways to get out and enjoy the wonderful spring we have here in Houston! I love when everything is back in bloom.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Ha! I just saw this. Harrison is so sweet to Afton.