Friday, July 23, 2010

As the Days go by...


**WARNING** - Random post...I just needed to share several different things!

Well, as Harrison gets older, we like to try new things. I made some playdough using a great recipe a friend gave me and thought we would try playing since it is too hot to go outside...
and of course he has to put it in his mouth first...he quickly realized it didn't taste good but I guess you still have to try it.
Now he is starting to get it...he doesn't really know what to do with it but he enjoyed the feel of it.
And loved picking it apart!
He even helped me put it all away!
Then last weekend I looked out at my bird feeder and found this little guy. The picture doesn't do him justice but we found a male cardinal out by our bird feeder! He was so bright and we loved having a pretty bird to look at. He has since returned a few times to our feeder.
Then I decided that I wanted to try a new kind of project so I made a hat. I know, it is 100 degrees in Houston right now and I am making winter hats but there are some times you can use them. And I have a friend having a baby soon so I gave it to her! Every baby can use a hat!
Speaking of babies... I love this boy and he will always be my baby! Some how he got a big scrap on his nose this week. Not sure where it came from but he still looks cute.
Harrison is talking more and more each day! We just love trying to figure out his new words. He has been a fan of Sesame Street for some time now and loves Elmo and Abby. He can say both names very clearly too. While visiting my parents house, I took some old Sesame Street beanie characters and brought them for Harrison. These are his 2 favorite...
You might know them as Burt and Ernie, but at our house they are known as "Burp" and "Beana" (the a making the long a sound). It is so funny. If he has one, he has to find the other. He loves giving them hugs too!
This is just another week in our many of life. One that we have to be grateful for and look forward to the next wonderful week that we are blessed to have!

No comments: