Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Great Wild West

Well, what looks to be our last big airplane trip until Christmas (at least that I what I am hoping!) Harrison and I headed to Utah. It was a great escape from the Houston heat and I loved seeing old friends and even spending some time with my family. We went back to our old house in Provo (my parent's own it) so I brought Harrison back to the house he was born in-not literally but the house we brought him home to! It was a great time! My wonderful friend, and old roommate, Emily picked me up from the airport on Wednesday, June 23rd and from there we headed straight to another old friend's house. We went to see our friend Kerry before her big move across country.
Since leaving Utah, Emily had her little girl and this was my first time meeting her. She is so sweet and so tiny (she is a light weight but as tall as Harrison). She and Harrison got along really well and although they are both too busy to sit still for a picture, they played and had a lot of fun together.

Eating one of his favorite foods. I have to get him on video saying banana because it is so funny!
We decided to take the kids to the Bean Museum on BYU campus. It was a lot of fun and they really loved all the animals. Harrison ran from animal to animal and just kept saying "wow!" I wanted to take some pictures of him by some of the animals, but he couldn't stop moving. Everything was so exciting.

They have a little kids room in the back and they had a good time playing with all the toys in there. They had plastic animals, Legos, magnets, books and all sorts of fun things. They both had a good time.
Harrison needs to work on sharing but he did pretty well. He wasn't mean at least, but he kept moving all the animals away.
Have I said yet how much I love this boy? As we are running around the house and eating dinner way to late again, Harrison continues to stick to his routine. We read books before bed and he just decided to do some reading by himself. I thought it was too cute!
The main reason for going out to UT was to help my parents work on the house and try to fix some little things. While we were all busy working, my little sister Della was in charge of Harrison. He loved to be out where we were and spent a lot of time pointing to the bikes ("Bite") He had a good time.
We found some baby blue birds in the backyard and Harrison loved them. He was really good about not touching them and made sure to check on them everyday.
I thought this was a good picture.
When Della didn't know what to do with him and he was going to get in the way, she put him in the car. He isn't a big fan of the car seat, but put him in the drivers seat and he is so happy! He will stay there all day and play. He finds all sorts of buttons and it is funny to turn the car on and see the turn signals and wipers all go on.

The last day I was there, Emily came back to visit and we tried again to get some pictures. Harrison was trying to hug her...I guess he has to get used to rejection at a young age.

She is a cutey!
We thought it would be better if we held them...

wrong again! This was the best we could get.
Harrison's cheesy smile with his Aunt Dillan. Dillan is up at BYU-Idaho and came down for the day to see us before we left. It was fun seeing her.
Harrison enjoyed playing some sort of cup game with her.
Then we had a little Smore party in the backyard to celebrate all our hard work.
Everyone says things are bigger in TX...but I have never seen a marshmallow this big anywhere except in UT.
Some other big highlights of the trip not pictured here:
*Seeing my friend Jennie and her little girl Kylie (thanks for the Pack n Play Jennie!)
*Living above my friend (and old roommate) Mary for the 10 days I was there! Thanks Mary for letting us crash your house!
*Going out to lunch with my good friend Caren and getting a chance to really talk! Thanks Caren for talking and listening and thanks Della for watching Harrison so I could go and really visit!
*My parents and Diana, Drake and Della driving cross country to help work on the house and spend some time with us.
*Deana flying out from DC and spending a few days with us before heading up to Idaho.
*Visiting old neighbors and seeing how big their kids have gotten.
*Working on the house and making some much needed improvements. (My mom has some of those pictures)
*Hiking the Y with Harrison on my (and my Dad's) back. Thanks for the help Dad! I wouldn't have made it with a monkey on my back by myself. (I will post pictures of that when I get them from my mom!)
*Hanging out with my friend (and another old roommate) Melissa and going to one of her softball games! I miss playing!

It was a great trip and really not a bad flight. We had a great time and wish we would have had time to see even more people. I never thought I would say this but I really miss UT. Especially when I came home and it was hot and muggy!

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Harrison is growing up so fast!he is so adorable!

Nathan and Emily said...

Yea for your visit to Utah! I love the pics - especially of our kids together! :) Hope things are going well in TX...miss you!