Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fun Firsts

It is SOOO hot here! So we decided to take advantage of our playgroup finding an indoor playground. This place is very neat! It is done by a Baptist Church down in our area and they use it for their preschool/kids programs during the school year. During the summer it is just open though and it is free! Gotta love that!
This is just the "little" kid area. The other side had huge slides and tunnels. It is like a McDonald's play place on steroids. I had to put my camera down so I didn't lose my child in the maze of the place. I definitely think we will be going back!


Then just this morning, I got really ambitious and decided to take Harrison to feed the ducks. There is tons of water by us and lakes but not a lot of them have ducks. So we found this place near our home and took advantage. Harrison was a little cautious at first. He kept signing bird and wanting to look at them.
Then he saw the bread. I threw a piece first and when the ducks came for it, he decided he was ready!
He threw some to the baby ducks. These ducks are so used to getting fed, they stayed really close to us.
Not sure this is even a duck, it looked like a duck and a turkey...but it still loved to chase Harrison while he waited to throw the bread.
Then Harrison started chasing him.
Pondering...
Then he spotted some really pretty white ducks.

No comments: