Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Chestnuts Roasting and Visions of Sugar Plums?

So this time of year we should have chestnuts roasting on our open fire right?! Well, not in Houston. With a lot of humidity and 80+ temps for most of the last week, we instead still have our grill out and after finishing the meat, I thought we should let Harrison enjoy roasting marshmallows. He didn't really like waiting for it to cook, but loved the gooey marshmallow! Maybe we can do a Texas version of the song and call in Marshmallows roasting...




And I am pretty sure that this little guy was thinking about something (maybe visions of sugar plums) while he fell asleep leaning over his bed...
How can you even do that???? It is beyond me! I was gone on Monday night and when I got home, Jeff had already fixed him in his bed, but snapped these great pictures to show me how creative our son is. I guess when you tell him not to get out of bed, this kind of counts!
This toddler bed has been a really hard transition for us. Harrison is waking up SOOO early still and there is a difference in my mothering when my child gets up at his normal time after 7 vs. this new thing of being up between 5-6. It is getting a little better now and 6:30 is becoming more the norm. Oh, how I miss my quiet mornings to myself! I guess I really was spoiled with a good sleeper and I am feeling it now!

No comments: