Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Visit from Friends

This last week was AWESOME! I got a call from one of my college roommates and great friend, that she wanted to come visit me! Emily and I met our freshman year at BYU and after living a dorm room away, became great friends. Then we became roommates until I got married (or broke up the band as my old roommates tend to remember it!) I was so excited. Emily has a little girl 9 months younger than Harrison so we were excited to get the kids together to play and spend some time catching up! We don't get a ton of visitors and she is the first non-family visitor for us. I loved every minute they were here and despite our children not always getting along, some minor sleeping problems and sickness, I think we had a great time.
She got here on Monday and after an afternoon trip to the park to run around, we found a few fun spots in Houston to take them.
Tuesday we spent the morning at the botanical gardens and then had lunch at the park and let the kids play...the weather was great and we had a good time.


They both loved the water...
and it made me so happy to watch them play so well together.
The dirt and rocks are always fun too!

More water and this one has fish!


Then on Wednesday we decided to spend the morning at home and then went to the great indoor play gym. The kids had a great time but by this time you could see that they were not going to be the greatest of friends. They had more fun playing separately at the play gym.

A great chance to review our colors. We are still working on them but I'm pretty sure Harrison's favorite color is Orange...he misses most of the colors but he always gets orange.
Loving the slides


We had big plans to visit a few more fun parks, take a trip downtown and go to the Children's Museum, but of course with kids, the best laid plans don't always work out. Harrison has been a beast of a sleeper lately. After switching him to his toddler bed, we have had short naps and very early mornings. Then Emily's little girl was teething so she wasn't feeling well either. So we stayed close to home and enjoyed the quiet times when everyone was happy.

I love the surprise face!
Saturday came way too quick, but we loved the time we had together. I am pretty sure that it will be a long time before we are able to see each other again, but will be happy to be wrong. Either way, Emily and I had a great time talking, catching up and laughing. Granted, in college, most of that was done in the late night hours and now we both prefer to be in bed early! I just hope next time comes soon.
Harrison woke up this morning asking for "Lydia" aka Olivia! We miss you guys already!

No comments: