Thursday, November 18, 2010

When I'm home alone...

Jeff was gone on a business trip from Tuesday-Friday this week. To keep myself busy, I got to work on several projects that have I have been wanting to try. A little while ago, I made Harrison this applique shirt using felt...
I thought it turned out well and Harrison loves it. I have a friend who does applique and said she just used regular fabric. So, I figured I could make at least 3 shirts for the price of 1 character shirt. (All 3 fabrics and shirts cost about $7) So, I finished all 3 of these shirts this week. They are going to be one of Harrison's Christmas presents...
Then a little while ago I saw a great idea on making a wreath out of tulle. Then I saw somewhere else, they used a wire hanger. Again, all I have to do it buy the tulle and grab a wire hanger and I made a fun fall wreath...
I thought it turned out well, so I got more tulle and made a patriotic one. I don't really have a lot of 4th of July/Summer decorations.

Then last week when Emily visited, we talked about freezer paper t-shirts. I didn't really understand how it worked, so she (and her sister) helped me walk through the process. So I got a few shirts and made these two shirts for Harrison...

I have quite a few more stencils to try, but I only had few days with Jeff gone. The rest will have to wait. I did have to take some time to work on a little present for Jeff's birthday too. (Sorry, no pictures or description...unlike Harrison, Jeff does read this blog!)


In the mean time, I still have to finish this book (also a Christmas present for Harrison).
And a Go Fish game that I have the stuff for, but am still putting off starting. I have had this one on the idea list for a long time. Hopefully Harrison will still want to use it by the time I get it done!
Now, it is time to focus on Christmas presents. I do have a few more crafty ideas to whip up for Christmas presents, but those will have to wait until after the gifts are given.
And I am excited to pick up my husband tomorrow! As nice as it is to get a lot done, I miss having Jeff here and I'm glad he doesn't go on many trips!

3 comments:

Youngs said...

those projects all turned out SO good!! i love the tulle wreath and i've heard about freezer paper but never tried it. harrison's lucky to have a creative mom! :)

Jennifer said...

Your shirts turned out ADORABLE! So much fun! Way to go on getting them off the someday list.

Kristen said...

AWESOME! I love the airplane shirt. And the Buzz shirt. You did such a good job! I, too, just learned about freezer paper stencils so I bought some freezer paper, but I haven't done anything with it yet.