Friday, November 5, 2010

More Changes...

Somehow in just days we went from this...
to this...
Wednesday morning as I was in the middle of my morning workout, I heard a door open and close. Knowing that Jeff was not around, I went over and standing in the doorway was Harrison. Holding his water and telling me he needed "more water". I wanted to be mad that he climbed out of his bed but I was caught off guard. So for nap time I laid him down and he climbed right out. We nipped that really quickly (we were just coming off of a week of him fighting me during naps and I wasn't about to let this slide)!
He ended up listening, having a great nap and then Wednesday night, we had no issues and he waited for me to get him up in the morning. We still put the gate up in his doorway just in case we had a middle of the night wanderer.

So yesterday, Daddy switched the crib to a toddler bed. I had a really hard time with that. I never thought it would be anything but a crib, but I'm glad it converted!
Harrison loves his new bed. In all fairness, I snapped these pictures and woke him up from his nap.
We talked about rules. He hasn't left his room but has gotten into a few things in his room. (IE monitor, diapers, hats and shoes) He gets the idea though and he didn't fall out of bed last night either. We have had 2 successful naps and 1 night so far. Here's to hoping it continues. We figure it needed to be done before we potty train anyway.

Why do they have to grow up so fast?! Isn't he just the cutest though?!

No comments: