Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Hiking Adventure

We recently have tried to find some new things in our area. I heard from a lady in my ward about this great park full of hiking trails and even botanical gardens. It was all free so we had some nice weather last Saturday (1/23) and thought we would check out the hiking trails. This was my favorite picture of the day. Harrison reached out for his daddy's hand to walk the trails. It didn't last long but it made my heart melt!

We found a cool bridge but Harrison just wanted to run across it over and over again. It was fun though.
Maybe if he tries hard enough, he can get the boulder out of the ground...
Pointing up at the trees or the airplanes. This is close to the airport and he could hear the planes but couldn't see them through the trees. I might do some photoshop on this picture to enhance it. I think it is a cool picture.
Picking up dirt along the way.
Walking with dad again. There are about 12 miles of trails and with all our stopping and going, we probably went a quarter of a mile.
But how can you stop him from exploring. He loved being out and seeing all the different stuff.
Straying from the trail.
It was a really fun day and we played at the park after that. It is nice to be able to get out and try some new things in the area. Now I want to see the botanical gardens and make my way out to the beaches!

2 comments:

Trishelle said...

God bless Texas! That looks like a ton of fun! I'll bet Harrison enjoyed every minute out in the wild new frontier!

The Brandt Clan Fam! said...

What a fun place to keep going back to explore! Harrison is just too cute! I wish I could explore with him, as he seems to be so fascinated with everything around him! It's so fun to be with children when they learn from every little thing. You guys are such a fun family. I love all the pictures, and that one looking up at Harrison and the trees IS super cool!