Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Our little climber!

Well, my little boy has turned into quite the adventurer! After weeks of trying to reach the door knobs, TV controls, stove, kitchen counters and table, he finally went from these tippy toes...

...to each of these. He doesn't care what he has to use, but he knows that standing on something will make him taller. Here he thought a little bowl would help...

And I couldn't help but think that these are the cutest little legs I have ever seen!
Here, the laundry basket is going to help him see over the couch (please disregard the laundry in the background...laundry gets in the way of using the basket as a stool!)
This one is one we don't try often because I don't want him thinking that he can reach the stove, but I had to catch it once.

This one is a favorite of mine. He wants so badly to play outside ALL the time. So, whenever we are inside, he is looking for ways to get out. The box helps him here and I got the whole process this time.
Be careful!!
Now reach for it...
And he got caught!
Even the stuff I put on the counters isn't safe anymore!
And another attempt at getting outside!

Mom and Dad's room is a favorite place to get in as well.
So, he has figured out the height but luckily he still can't turn the knobs yet. Most of the climbing is just for fun!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

So funny! Callie does the same thing. She's our first climber!!

R.A.A.H. said...

Alek does the same thing. He is constantly carrying around a chair or his bike to use as a stool. He absolutely loves to stand on the package of paper towels or toilet paper. I'm just waiting for him to learn how to open the door and then I'm in trouble.