Monday, January 25, 2010

Our "Winter" Days

The best thing about moving to TX is the short "winter", if you can even call it that. We did get a little snow before Christmas and we did have almost 3 days below freezing this month. But now we are in at least the 50s everyday. Lately the weather has even been in the mid-70s! I am loving that and Harrison is as well. When we are not outside, this is what he does...
Be begs and just wants to look out the window until we can go outside.
He gets crazy cabin fever and ends up with pants on his head!
I have even tried pulling out the crayons and drawing pictures...
It works for a few minutes but he doesn't forget. He knows exactly what "outside" means, so don't mention it unless you are going there.
So, when we hit the 50's, we put on a coat and headed to the park to play in the sand. He loves the new sand toys he got for Christmas!
I love that face...such a toothy grin!

Then when it was in the mid-70s last week, we made a trip to the park just about everyday. He was so happy and it was fun for me too! I just love the time outside and Harrison lights up. I truly believe that the sun makes people happier and we are blessed to live in a place that has such warm weather in January!

He looks so big. I guess he is officially a toddler now!
He can go down some slides by himself (as long as he remembers to sit first!)

And even tries to climb back up the slides as well.


I just love this boy and love this age. We have such a good time and I love that I can stay home with him and play with him all day!

3 comments:

Nathan and Emily said...

Holy moly! I hadn't checked your blog for awhile and I've been missing out! I can't believe how big HD is! You definitely have a toddler now - and it looks like he's keeping you busy with all that climbing! I love all the pictures and it sounds like you're doing well! I wish we were closer so we could get together with these munchkins!

Maria said...

These pictures of Harrison are too cute! Really. I love your blog. Now you have motivated me to go find myself a template!

Allison said...

Hi Dionne! Just realized you had a blog, or maybe I forgot, I can't remember. We're in TX too. Crazy.