Wednesday, October 13, 2010

HD turns 2

I still can't believe I have a two year old! We had such a fun birthday! I planned a lot and then Jeff advised me to not make it too much of a marathon day, so I toned it down and it was great! I think Harrison loved every minute of it too! When he woke up in the morning, we had his first present waiting for him...
He LOVES bikes and although he is still a little small for the trike, he loves it and spent a long time being pushed and pushing with his feet.
When we got him up, we told him it was his birthday. When we asked what he wanted to do, he said "Party!" so we started right away. What better way to have a birthday party then with hats! So, he rode is new tricycle with his hat on!
Still trying to figure it out.
Say "Cheese"
For breakfast, we had pancakes with "srpup" (aka syrup) and raspberries. It was a treat and somehow he figured the raspberries would be fun to put on his fingers!
Then we got ready for a fun morning of train rides and the zoo. Harrison has a love of trains and always wants to ride. I'm starting to think that anything that moves, he wants a ride from. But anyway, we heard of this train ride through a downtown park and so we went.
Harrison and mommy.
Harrison and Daddy...can you see the similarities?! They even have their hat and glasses the same! I love these boys!
The whole fmaily right before we started moving.
I thought with how squirmy he can be that we might have to hold him down, but once the train was moving, he held Jeff's hand and pointed at things and watched as we passed through the park.



After the train, we went to the zoo for a few hours and saw all Harrison's favorite animals. We even got to see a brand new elephant (only 1 week old) and Harrison kept running after it saying "baby elephant" and making the elephant noise. We also got to see a zebra this time and watch the tiger eat lunch! Those things are huge! One of the bears was laying around scratching its feet and belly and Harrison kept saying "tickle" and thought it was tickling. He saw fish and of course the reptile house was a highlight! We had a great time and when we got home Harrison was ready for his nap.
After that, we decided to let Harrison watch one of his favorite movies, so I sat and watched most of Cars with him. He loves the race cars! Then we had Harrison's favorite dinner (mac and cheese with hot dogs and broccoli) and opened the rest of the presents. Besides the tricycle, we got him some new shoes and I made him an Elmo shirt.
But I'm pretty sure his favorite present came from his Great Grandma and Grandpa Willerth. He got a train set!
We set up a simple track which lasted a few minutes
and then we made it trickier. He even pulled out his Legos and used the stop sign for his train track (the Legos were a present from Grandma and Grandpa Willerth that he got when we saw them in Missouri last month!)


I love the concentration on his face! And he loves the tunnel! Now we know we can just get him more trains to add to his set and he will be set for a long time.
We had to pry him away from the new trains to eat cake and ice cream. He loved the Elmo cake though.

And only stuck his fingers in the cake twice. Both times while saying "Elmo's mouth" and "Elmo's nose".
And he even blew out his candle (with a little help).
And then came the eating. Last year, we was a mess from head to toe and we had to practically hose him off. This year, he did much better. He loved the frosting more then the cake and he loved the ice cream.

Happy baby and Happy Daddy.
The end result is much cleaner then last year.
We spent the rest of the evening talking to family and playing with the new trains. It was a great birthday for Harrison and I hope he remembers some of it. If not, we got most of it on video. I'm so blessed to have such a great little boy and can't believe my baby is toddler now! The last two years have been amazing and I hope the next year is as good! I love watching this little guy grow!

6 comments:

Allison said...

Looks like a fun day. I love the cake!

Trishelle said...

Happy Birthday, Little Man!! I had a moment reading this, and remembering back when you told me you were pregnant. I remember being so so so happy!! It's even better to see him as a healthy, happy and much adored little boy!

Unknown said...

Looks like such a fun birthday, and reading your post is like a stroll down memory lane for me. Talton loved all the same things. Crazy how fast they grow up!

Sunshine said...

yaaaaaay!!!!!!!

Caren and Dustin Robison said...

Holy cow I can't believe he's already two! Looks like y'all are having fun in texas. :)

R.A.A.H. said...

Happy Birthday Harrison! I can't believe he's already 2. The last time I saw him he was only 2 months old. It looks like you had a fun day.